All of the instructions below are carried out in mGalaxy_Runway’s SYSTEMS tab.
Creating a System #
- Create a new System in one of the following ways:
- Drag and drop one from the Available Systems column to the User Systems column.
- Double-click one of the Available Systems.
- Select (click) one of the Available Systems, the click the flashing icon.
- Provide the path to the emulator’s program file (.exe).
- You can click the “Executable” button to browse,
- type or paste in the path to the .exe directly, or
- drag and drop the application from Windows Explorer into the Executable text field.
- Provide the paths to the folders (Roms, Screenshots, etc.) in the same way.
- Roms – the only required folder — this is the place where the game files are stored.
- Other folders are optional and may be used by your selected Theme.
- Covers – For console systems, this is artwork of the original boxes that games were sold in. For arcade system, this would be your Marquee images.
- Snapshots and Videos – These are still images and short video recordings of in-game play. Themes will usually display these (videos take precedence over snapshots) when browsing through games so you can see the game in action.
- Select a Theme.
- The theme you select here will be used in mGalaxy when browsing the games in this System.
- (Optional) You may wish to create a database for this system. See The “DB Update” tab explained for details. You can always do this step later.
- Save and Quit mGalaxy_Runway.
- Launch mGalaxy and you’re ready to play!
Deleting a System #
- In the User Systems column, select (click) the System you wish to delete.
- Click the trashcan icon in the upper-right corner.
- Click ‘OK’ in the Confirmation dialog.